Tuesday, March 14, 2017

My Piece

I realized that doing a location feature for a photography magazine doesn't really make a lot of sense. Especially since everyday my group members tend to work more and more towards an artsy approach. So if we're doing more of an artsy magazine, doing a feature on location wouldn't really make the much sense apart from it being an advertisement. 

I started to ask my group members exactly what their topics were because obviously I didn't want to do the same thing as them because that's just uncreative. I decided to branch off Sandra's topic because it's convenient. She is doing her piece on one of her friends' who models and has a  lot of experience with photography. So, I decided to do an article on "Up and Coming Photographers". Since we have such a vast arts program here at Cypress Bay, it's not hard to know people that specialize in photography. And, I do have close friends who are going into professional photography business. 

 I decided to do my piece on my friend Erin Imhof.
Erin ^

 She is a senior about to graduate and she's the president of our school's photo club. She actually just got a $70,000 scholarship to Savanna College of Art and Design for her portfolio. I plan to do an interview and showcase of her art in my article. I decided to do my piece on her because it is convenient as I see her everyday. I already asked for her permission to do it on her and she agreed. I'm pretty excited to do it. The only thing I have to figure out now is the contrast between my original pictures and her pictures, but that isn't really a problem. 
-Iggy

No comments:

Post a Comment