Saturday, April 1, 2017

Cover done!

Yesterday I went over to Sandra's house to work on my cover for my magazine. It was such a longer process than I expected it to be. I don't have photoshop or any fancy editing programs, so I resorted to using MS paint. Which wasn't bad, it was actually more resourceful than I expected it to be. I was successfully able to crop out Erin's face and hair out of the picture after many, many tries. It was hard to crop out her hair without making it seem choppy. I had to make it look somewhat natural and actually magazine quality. After I was done with that, I had to move the picture down because since she was wearing a regular t-shirt in the original, I didn't want that to show so her face was moved down for the actual cover. Another thing that came up that I didn't think of was that Erin's hair isn't perfectly symmetrical. As my sketches in my other post show, I planned for it to cut down the middle. However, the cutoff of the hair was more diagonal. This wasn't exactly a huge bump in the road, but I did have to work around it. I just made the cutoff of the color diagonal, and honestly I think it looks better than it would have before. It also let me do something cool with the title, as I made it contrast with the background too. 
This is the final product, I kind of wish that the quality would have come out a little clearer. However I am more than happy anyways with how it came out. I also started working on my table of contents but I need to take the pictures for the rest of it. I'm really happy with how my project is coming along and I'm motivated and excited to finish the rest of it
-Iggy

No comments:

Post a Comment