Friday, March 24, 2017

Cover Design

Since we have the art magazine, I've mentioned before that we want our cover to be plain and simple. With a model's profile, a mono-color background, the title, and name of issue. However, I started thinking a little more about it and I decided I can switch it up a little. Since my model, Erin, has such a unique hair style, with her hair being half white/platinum blonde and half black, I thought that it would look really cool if  for the cover I would have Erin's frontal profile and have the background be half black and half white, contrasting her hair. 

This is an extremely (I can't emphasize it enough) crude sketch of what I would want my front cover to look like. I've gotten some feedback from friends and they really love the idea. I plan to center the issue around a black and white theme, I haven't fully committed to the idea yet but it would work. I've been using the drawing tool on the Notes app on my phone to do the sketch with a pen stylus and it's surprisingly very useful. I will keep editing the cover and I'm gonna try to plan out the rest of my magazine on it.
-Iggy

No comments:

Post a Comment